buy AR500 ARMOR FREEMAN™ BUILD YOUR OWN BUNDLE online
**Estimated Lead Time: 2 – 3 Weeks
Not everyone wants, needs, or can use a large plate carrier. If size is an important criteria in your armor selection, look no further than the AR Freeman™ plate carrier.
Small Footprint. Effective Coverage.
Compact enough to fit under your vehicle seat or daypack, the Freeman plate carrier covers your most vital organs without weighing you down in an oversized carrier or restricting your mobility.
The proprietary 9”x9” octagonal Level III steel plates* are lightweight and the carrier is laser cut from laminated Cordura® nylon, and is large enough to accommodate up to 3 magazine pouches via the laser-cut PALS channels. Hypalon® shoulder straps allow for near unobstructed movement and ability to shoulder a rifle.
Plates can be upgraded to multi-curve and AR500 build-up FragLock coating for a slight upcharge.
So whether it’s as a primary armor setup for a second member of the family or a second carrier for your vehicle or office, the Freeman offers great value for a modest price.
- 1 x Freeman Plate Carrier
- 2 x Level III Body Armor 9″ x 9″ Curved, Base Coat Plates
- Durable: Laminated laser-cut Cordura® front and Cordura 500D Nylon back
- Low profile: Hypalon® shoulder straps for low profile and comfort
- Modular: laser-cut PALS system to accommodate up to three magazine pouches or other MOLLE-compatible accessories
- Rugged: impact-resistant US-made side buckles for quick on/off
- Versatile: adjustable from small to XL sizing
- Features: Front and rear Velcro panels, Velcro attachment points for pontoon pads. Plates weigh about 5lbs each (base coat).
- Weight: Carrier + base-coat plates, 11.1 lbs. | Carrier + build-up plates, 11.8 lbs. | Trauma pads add 0.43 lbs.
*Note: The AR Freeman carrier is specifically designed to work with AR500 proprietary 9”x9” armor and is sold as a complete setup.
Body Armor Level Chart:
- Material: Laminated laser-cut Cordura® front and Cordura 500D Nylon back
- Supported Plate Size: 9”x9”
- Size: For body types S to XL
- Weight: 0.54 lbs.
- Features: Front and rear Velcro panels, Velcro attachment points for pontoon pads
- Manufactured: Vietnam (AR500 Armor)
LEVEL 3 BODY ARMOR
- Material: AR500 Steel, with FragLock™ Coating
- Protection: 7.62 mm FMJ, steel-jacketed bullets (U.S. Military designation M80) with a specified mass of 9.6 g (147gr) and a velocity of 2780 ft/s (+/- 30 ft/s).
- Capability: Edge-to-edge multi-hit protection
- Dimensions (9″ x 9″)
- Base Coat
- Weight: 5 lbs.
- Thickness: 0.31″
- Build-Up Coat:
- Weight: 6.5 lbs.
- Thickness: 0.56″
- Base Coat
- Shelf life: 20 years
- Manufactured: United States
PROTECTOR HELMET (upgrade)
- Material: 100% aramid composite
- Protection: 357 SIG FMJ Flat Nose (FN) bullets with a specified mass of 8.1 g (125 gr) and a velocity range of 1400-1450 fps and with .44 Magnum Semi Jacketed Hollow Point (SJHP) bullets with a specified mass of 15.6 g
- Size & Weight
- Outer: 10.4″ x 8.6″ x 6.2″ (30.7″ circumference)
- Inner: 9.8″ x 8″ x 5.9″ (28.5″ circumference)
- Thickness: 0.32″
- Weight: 3.2 lbs.
- Extra Large
- Outer: 10.9″ x 8.9″ x 6.8″ (31.7″ circumference)
- Inner: 10.3″ x 8.3″ x 6.5″ (29.4″ circumference)
- Thickness: 0.32″
- Weight: 3.3 lbs.